Wednesday 2 July 2008

Finally!

After three evenings of fiddling about building this city street set, I've finally done the shot. It took twenty minutes to animate and lasts two seconds.

Part of the reason it took so long to build the set was that I had this idea for the next shot that would involve driving a car through a shop window, shattering the glass, bits of glass and wood flying out, etc, etc. This meant I had to design a building with a wall that could be swapped out and replaced with a broken one. The broken one would change with each frame, and would be swapped back and forth over and over. Only it turns out that's really quite time consuming. I gave up on the test shot I was doing when I realised it had taken me over half an hour to prepare the first frame. And I hadn't even finished it.

So the city street is only used once now, although I have to say it's a pretty nice street. The Cafe Corner makes an appearance, which is almost obligatory in these situations, but you probably wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for it.

Now I need to work on my new idea for the shot to replace the smashing glass one. To do this, I will be looking on youtube for Burnout Paradise videos.

No comments: