Saturday 28 June 2008

Simple vs complicated

I had this idea for a practical effect. It was quite an elegant idea and I was pretty pleased with it. I spent a fair while scrabbling around looking for the right pieces (hint: don't set a film predominantly in a grassy area if you have no green Lego), then set it all up so that I could work it with the minimum disruption while I was filming and did some quick tests and everything looked fine.

Just as I was about to start shooting, I had one of those "hey, I wonder if this'll work" moments, so I added an extra little bit of business to sell the shot. Turns out that extra little bit of business is amazingly effective and I bet a lot of people won't even notice the original, more complicated effect.

1 comment:

Jordan Harris said...

So - any hints as to what the "extra bit of business" was?